Logan was born August 18th, 2003 at 9:19 a.m. he weighed 5 lbs. .5 oz and was 17 inches long. He was the second one born and had been breach for the the majority of the pregnancy and made it so I could not breathe. I had several boy names in mind throughout my pregnancy such as Ethan, Graham and Trae. Rich and I could not agree on a name for two weeks so the poor kid did not have a name. Every day we went into the NICU the nurses would give him a new name. Rich had him named Elijah for two days. Originally Rich wanted Richard Wallace IV and me, not so much. So we settled on Logan Wallace. Logan, UT being were Rich and I met and at the time we were living in California so it was a pretty uncommon name in those parts. He is definitely my Logan Boy and from the get go I got to be rougher with one kid and more delicate with the other. He loved to be thrown on the bed as a toddler and in pillow fights with Dad, the rougher always meant more fun and the more giggles we got out of him.
Baby boys as preemies struggle more so than girls and he was always a step behind his sister. However he too was never ventilated or incubated in the NICU, he did however have to be on oxygen during his feedings because he thought it would be too much work to breathe and eat all at the same time. So he would stop breathing and set off all sorts of alarms and turn blue. He was born with a twisted foot so he did get some physical therapy from a very cute lady every now and again. He moved to three different beds in the NICU he got so big near the end of his stay they got him a full size crib, it was silly. Once he was able to come home at ten weeks he was a chunk with a feeding tube in his nose, it was hilarious and the local pediatrician we went to in town laughed and said take that thing out. The night we took him home Southern Cali was engulfed in wild fires and I will never forget the smell outside and the ash all over the cars in the parking lot, it was weird.
Logan was a very laid back baby and was on the perfect schedule as was Rileigh, it was perfection. Except from 5 o'clock on, they were an ornery bunch to hang with. So I would put them in the stroller and we would walk. Rich was working and going to school at night so the days were soooo long. My neighbors called me the walking girl because some days we went on four walks. This was Fall, Winter and Spring in Southern California it was bliss. We had two kid swings on the front porch and some nights I would sit out there and push them until they fell asleep. Logan walked soon after Rileigh, at 14 months he was into everything and climbed everything. He has always been a little spastic and I have to blame it on the fact that I was always a little more playful and rambunctious with the little guy, we have had some good laughs.
Logan has been my cleaner kid when it comes to his room and keeping it up. When told to do his chores and then he is free to play for the day, he is done within minutes and out the door for the day. He is pickier than ever these days with his clothes and would wear the same thing everyday if I let him, just for the fact that it is a DC t-shirt and baggy shorts. Thankfully they are dark in colors as to not show the filth! It will be interesting getting him to wear different outfits to school each day. I did take him school shopping and hopefully that will help with picking clothes to wear daily for school.
He has done very well in school with Kindergarten behind him and on to First Grade. He is a pretty good reader but his best qualities are his social skills, the kid has made some friends and I mean friends from all over. The first week of Kindergarten he came home with notes from other mothers requesting that their child would really like to play with Logan some time and could I give them a call to set up a play date. I just like to credit his great personality and he super fun spirit that makes him so fun to be around from me, he gets it from me!
So this last year we took him Snow Boarding and he was instantly addicted and has done very well for himself to the point of us saying "Okay, Logan do some runs with Rileigh and we will see you in a few." This summer he has gotten into skate boarding and begs to go to work with Rich to clock in some hours of work then to skate. He negotiated his old man into $2 an hour to save up for a DS then he finishes up the day in the skate park. CIK Skate is in the adjoining building. he gets pretty frustrated at learning specific tricks and has the older kids working with him and teaching him new tricks to work on. Then he comes home and practices into the night. He got a Mtn. Bike this year and is waiting for his Dad's arm to heal to hit the hills!
Logan you are a super fun energetic kid to be around and we love the company minus the whine. (There is a lot of whining these days). I think we have spoiled him rotten and need to fine tune some things with the kid. I love watching you play and giggle with your sisters and never tire of that in the least. I get asked occasionally if you can have a brother ha ha! Love you Logan and am so proud of the MAN you are becoming. Love you, Mom
So this last year we took him Snow Boarding and he was instantly addicted and has done very well for himself to the point of us saying "Okay, Logan do some runs with Rileigh and we will see you in a few." This summer he has gotten into skate boarding and begs to go to work with Rich to clock in some hours of work then to skate. He negotiated his old man into $2 an hour to save up for a DS then he finishes up the day in the skate park. CIK Skate is in the adjoining building. he gets pretty frustrated at learning specific tricks and has the older kids working with him and teaching him new tricks to work on. Then he comes home and practices into the night. He got a Mtn. Bike this year and is waiting for his Dad's arm to heal to hit the hills!
Logan you are a super fun energetic kid to be around and we love the company minus the whine. (There is a lot of whining these days). I think we have spoiled him rotten and need to fine tune some things with the kid. I love watching you play and giggle with your sisters and never tire of that in the least. I get asked occasionally if you can have a brother ha ha! Love you Logan and am so proud of the MAN you are becoming. Love you, Mom




I need your new number email me at hickja@gmail.com
ReplyDelete