1.31.2009

A Fun Friday For All

So Logan and Rich started Karate last month. They had a couple one on one courses with the Instructor and then they started attending regular courses. Rileigh and I attended this last Friday night to witness the breaking of the boards and blocks. It just so happen that we got front row seats. Mind you this was Rich's second time in a class and he is a white belt, meaning the bottom of the class. He did it, he did it all, he broke the block and the boards. As he was walking up to break the block I was shaking my head NO...I kept imagining him breaking his wrist, again. I could tell by the look on his face there was no stopping him. He claims he cannot remember doing any of it and was most excited about the look on Logan's face after he broke the block...priceless. Rileigh got to were she couldn't even watch. So after the block Rich proceeded on to the boards, piece of cake. He broke one board with his hand and the other with his foot. That is my man, after he did it I realized it was indeed mind over matter. He's got a lot on his mind and needed to get it out. It was a fun Friday night and he's trying to recruit Rileigh and me to join up.

So not to take away from their fun I had a fabulous Friday myself. I took advantage of an opportunity to go skiing for FREE. Meaning free lift ticket, no rental fee and free babysitting. I have to give a shout out to my friend Mandy who made this all possible and Brooke who went with me. I didn't think I would keep up with skiing as a hobby. But I really do like to ski and loved it. We had a great time and it was a beautiful day.

2 comments:

  1. K I'm jealous! And WOW Rich really did break a board?! Way to go...with a couple more lessons then what? What a killing machine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Blog looks awesome!!! it was so great going to dinner a few weeks ago!! We need to get jamie to jump on the band wagon and start a blog. Now we can keep in touch more often.
    Alissa

    ReplyDelete

Followers